Doves are an ancient symbol of hope. They are not only a bird but a harbinger of new beginnings. When things seem bleak, look for a dove and hold faith in knowing not all is lost. Each dove in this collection is named for a real person who gave hopeful words to someone who needed them most. They are small, living tributes to what the world needs most right now – hope.
- Every dove is 5"x 5"x.75" on an artist-grade cotton canvas using archival paint and varnish. These birds are made to last for generations!
- Every readymade dove ornament is different and chosen at random within the collection. Doves are already wrapped and ready to mail (read: no requests for specific names or color shades, sorry!).
- Every dove in the Hamster Baby Bluecollection comes in shades of pale blue. Hamsters don't come in this color blue, but my kid named it that because she wanted to remind me she wants a hamster for Christmas, which is *so not happening*, so I'll let her name these after hamsters as a consolation prize. And that's called parenting.
-Every dove is named after someone who gave words of *hope* to another in a bleak time.These names are written on the side of each canvas. And while I do not sell doves to anyone on account of their names, I believe the birds are not assigned entirely at random. I cannot tell you how often recipients report back that they received the name they needed, not the name they wanted.
- Every dove comes with a black and white stripe grosgrain ribbon.Don't want the ribbon and just see it hanging flat on the wall? No problem. Give it a few firm twists and the ribbon will unscrew. The canvas will easily hang on any standard nail.
Because every artwork is different, your ornament will be a surprise. This is limited run and custom requests are not available at this time.
Merry Christmas to all!
- Domestic orders will be shipped via UPS and will most often be delivered within a week of purchase, but this is a busy time for UPS and stuff happens. If you need a guaranteed delivery date, this item is not for you. International shipping is available delivery times may take longer. Any international tariff/ customs/duty fees are responsibility of the recipient.
Local peoples! Do you live in Evanston, Skokie, Wilmette, or Winnetka and have a safe place to leave a parcel? Use the promo LOCAL at checkout - you'll skip shipping charges and I will drop it off no later than December 5th. I cannot schedule specific times for pickups/deliveries right now, but I'm happy to leave it with you mailbox/porch spot of choice!